3 Day Safari Tanzania!
Cultural Immersion Travel
See the Big 5!
Join Us on a 3 day Safari in 3 Different Parks!
Visit three of Tanzania’s best safari destinations on this tour, each with their own unique twist! Ngorongoro is our best to witness the Big Five (buffalo, elephant, rhino, lion and leopard); Tarangire is home to huge numbers of elephants and teeming with a wide variety of birds, and Lake Manyara is a perfect place to see the entertaining baboons and the tree-climbing lions. Unfortunately, many of these majestic animals are threatened or endangered, so an opportunity to see them in their natural habitat and learn about conservation efforts is something not to be missed.
Starting at $1,300 USD per person
We’ll come and collect you at your hotel in Arusha
January – March
May – December
3 days, 2 nights
At this moment in time, we offer private safari tours and there are no restrictions on group sizes
- Full board accommodation at safari lodges as per itinerary
- Exclusive use of 4WD safari vehicle and English-speaking driver-guide
- All park fees and crater fees
- Game drives as indicated in the itinerary
- Bottled mineral water while on game drives
- A tasty boxed lunch will be provided for each safari day
- Prices are based on 2 people sharing a room at the safari lodges
- Extra excursions/services available at safari lodges
- Items of a personal nature, such as laundry, phone calls & snacks
- Deviation from the safari itinerary provided
- Tips and gratuities for guide and lodge staff
- Hotel accommodation in Arusha; can be booked on request
What to bring
- Waterproof jacket
- Soft jacket, fleece or soft-shell, for cold temperatures at night
- Long sleeve shirt, for protection from the sun
- Short sleeve shirt, light-weight
- Hiking pants
- Shorts (optional)
- Bathing suit (optional)
- Rimmed hat, for sun protection
- Bandana, buff or dust mask, for face coverage for dust and sweat (optional)
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sandals or flip-flops (optional)
- Daypack, small
- Face mask (Mandatory)
- Hand sanitizer (Mandatory)
- Lip balm
- Insect repellent, containing DEET
- Snacks (optional)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Camera, with a zoom lens of 300mm or more (optional)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Electrical outlet adapter (plug type D or G)
- Trip receipt
- Visa (available at the airport)
- Immunization papers (please see the CDC’s recommendations on immunizations)
- Insurance documents
About your guide
One local, certified safari guide
Visit Lake Manyara, an alkaline soda lake filled with pink flamingos
Visit the spectacular Ngorongoro Crater and see some of the 25,000+ animals that live there
Keep our eyes peeled for the tree-climbing lions who love this area
The perfect opportunity to witness the big 5; buffalo, elephants, rhino, lions, and leopards
Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire
Day 1: Drive to Lake Manyara for a game drive with picnic lunch. Dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Breakfast, proceed to Ngorongoro Crater for a game drive with picnic lunch. Dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Breakfast, proceed to Tarangire for a game drive with picnic lunch. Return to Arusha.
After you’ve been introduced to your friendly guide, you’ll jump in the safari vehicle and begin to make your way to Lake Manyara, arriving with plenty of time for an afternoon game drive. Beneath the Manyara Escarpment cliffs, Lake Manyara National Park is famous for its large alkaline soda lake which pink flamingo, heron, and yellow-billed stork call their home.
We’ll also keep our eyes peeled for some tree-climbing lions, which love this side of the park. Lake Manyara is also tipped to have the largest number of primates on earth, so we’ll also have to look out for the fun and energy that the local baboon population brings!
Day 2 begins after an early breakfast as we drive to the beautiful Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a must-see safari destination! Over 25,000 mammals call this sanctuary home, and it’s not unusual to see the Big Five (buffalo, elephant, rhino, lion, and leopard) in a single day.
Referred to as ‘Africa’s Eden’, this UNESCO World Heritage crater is over 260km² (100 miles²) long and was formed 2-3 million years ago after a volcano exploded and collapsed on itself.
We’ll arrive at the rim after a journey through the Ngorongoro Highlands and then descend down 610m (2000 ft) onto its floor to start your safari experience.
On our final day, we’ll head out on a morning game drive! This area is perfect for any avid bird watchers out there as it is home to over 550 different species, the most diverse on the continent. We’ll have to keep an eye out for the Kori Bustard, which has the title of being the heaviest flying bird on earth!
Today is also a brilliant opportunity to spot the Big 5, as the Tarangire River runs through the park attracting a huge number of elephants, buffalo, giraffes, and antelope, particularly in the dry season between June to October. Large herds of elephants often pass through the area and love cooling off under the Baobab (upside-down trees). Following our exciting morning’s game drive, we’ll then transfer to your hotel in Arusha or to Kilimanjaro Airport.