On all of our Kilimanjaro treks, we’ll come and collect you from Kilimanjaro International Airport and then transfer you to your hotel in Moshi, Tanzania. You will then stay overnight and in the morning, we’ll drive to the gate where we will start our Kilimanjaro trek. Once we have finished our trek, we will be transferred from Kilimanjaro National Park either back to the hotel in Moshi or taken straight to the airport—depending on your plans! (We recommend taking a day’s rest in the hotel so you can get a hot shower and a well-earned, ice-cold beer). Please note: the hotel and transfers are included in the overall tour price.
Other options: alternatively, you can add a leisure day before or after your trip to relax and explore the many cultural and natural wonders in Moshi and the surrounding areas. Among the extra activities, we can include:
- Materuni Waterfall and Coffee Plantation Tour – includes a hike to the waterfall and participation in grinding the fresh coffee beans and brewing coffee harvested from the coffee farm
- Chaga Tour (15-minute drive, 39km from Moshi) – includes a visit to the historical Chaga museum and blacksmith, underground caves, and Ndoro Kilasia waterfalls
- Lake Chala (50-minute drive, 40km from Moshi) – swimming, picnic area, underground caves, and some beautiful views of Kenya
- Majichemka Hot Springs – swimming, picnic area, camping area
- Or spend a day volunteering in one of the local communities here
We love giving back to the communities we serve that open their arms and their hearts to travelers from all over the globe. If you would like to find out how to support the community through volunteer opportunities, give us a call and we would be happy to talk to you about the many ways to join us in helping out!
Contact us for more information and the chance to book one of these activities.