Chance to Spot the Big Five!
Meet the Friendly Local Elephants
Two Adventure-Filled Days
The Perfect Two-Day Wildlife Safari in Tanzania
This 2-day safari adventure is perfect for those short on time. This short but action-packed tour is the ideal choice to see some of the best of Tanzania’s wildlife. We’ll visit the Ngorongoro Crater which is home to over 25,000 animals and the best opportunity to see the Big Five! We’ll also visit the spectacular Tarangire, where big families of elephants meet all year round by the river.
Starting at $799 USD per person
We’ll come and collect you at your hotel in Arusha
January – March
May – December
2 days, 1 night
At this moment in time, we offer private safari tours and there are no restrictions on group sizes
- Full board accommodation at safari lodges as per itinerary
- Exclusive use of 4WD safari vehicle and English-speaking driver-guide
- All park fees and crater fees
- Game drives as indicated in the itinerary
- Bottled mineral water while on game drives
- A tasty boxed lunch will be provided for each safari day
- Extra excursions/services available at safari lodges
- Items of a personal nature, such as laundry, phone calls & snacks
- Deviation from the safari itinerary provided
- Tips and gratuities for guide and lodge staff
- Hotel accommodation in Arusha; can be booked on request
What to bring
- Waterproof jacket
- Soft jacket, fleece or soft-shell, for cold temperatures at night
- Long sleeve shirt, for protection from the sun
- Short sleeve shirt, light-weight
- Hiking pants
- Shorts (optional)
- Bathing suit (optional)
- Rimmed hat, for sun protection
- Bandana, buff or dust mask, for face coverage for dust and sweat (optional)
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sandals or flip-flops (optional)
- Daypack, small
- Face mask (Mandatory)
- Hand sanitizer (Mandatory)
- Lip balm
- Insect repellent, containing DEET
- Snacks (optional)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Camera, with a zoom lens of 300mm or more (optional)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Electrical outlet adapter (plug type D or G)
- Trip receipt
- Visa (available at the airport)
- Immunization papers (please see the CDC’s recommendations on immunizations)
- Insurance documents
About your guide
One local, certified safari guide
Great chance to see the Big 5!
Over 25,000 species of mammals call Ngorongoro home
Perfect for those short on time
Our friendly guide will make you feel right at home
Bucket list travel adventures!
Tarangire to Ngorongoro Crater
Day 1: Drive to Tarangire for a game drive with picnic lunch. Dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Breakfast, proceed to Ngorongoro for crater game drive with picnic lunch. Return to Arusha.
Elephant herds are frequent visitors to this section of the park as they roam through Tarangire’s savannah grasses or enjoy the cooling shade under the Baobab (upside-down trees) that pop up around the park. There are also a vast host of birds in the park, the most diverse in Africa, with over 550 species! You might even catch a glimpse of the Kori Bustard, the heaviest flying bird in the world. There are also large numbers of baboons and visitors may get lucky enough to see the baboon mothers carrying and suckling their babies after the birthing season.
Please note: Tarangire is generally more exposed than the other parks, so be sure to bring a brimmed hat and long sleeve shirt to protect from the sun…and of course, sunscreen!
On our journey, we’ll pass by Masai villages and often see villagers in their traditional wear walking along the road and tending to their cattle. Children on their way to school will also give us a big smile and wave as we continue toward the park.
Ngorongoro’s higher elevation provides refreshing cool air through this part of your safari journey. We’ll arrive at the rim after a journey through the Ngorongoro Highlands and here we’ll enjoy the feel of the wind rushing by as you traverse the wide open spaces of the crater floor in your 4×4 vehicle.
Over 25,000 mammals call this sanctuary home, and it’s not unusual to see the Big Five (buffalo, elephants, rhino, lions, and leopards) in a single day. Our guides are experts at spotting game and know the best locations and time of day for viewing them!
In the late afternoon, you will start your journey back to your hotel in Arusha or transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport.